Wednesday 27 May 2015

Essence I Heart Stage Eyeshadow Base

When Essence launched in the UK it was all over (well not every Wilkinson's store had the range but you catch my drift), it's only since last year that Essence has been rolled out nationwide through the Wilkinson stores.


I picked this up on my most recent excursion to the Essence stand and have been trying this out for the past couple of  weeks.



When applied to the lid this is quite a dark beige colour, and when blended over the skin still looks a bit darker on the lids. I applied my eyeshadow onto the lids and it did brighten the colour of the shadow, but after a couple of hours the eyeshadow had creased on me. The staying power on this eyeshadow base is lacking (Avon lid primer is still King at the moment).

Overall an eyeshadow base that I wouldn't repurchase for myself as the staying power was just not there. The shade was too dark for my skin tone, and I think it should have been a lighter shade so that it didn't show up even when eyeshadow had been applied to the lid.

This retails for £2.50 and can be found in your local Wilkinson's, or online HERE.

Thanks for tuning in

Gemma
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment