Monday 30 June 2014

J'Adore Bourjois

DISCLAIMER: I am not bragging about what I have, this series is an insight into some of the beauty brands that I love (J'Adore). I have bought all these products with my own money (some may have been free gift with purchase)


Welcome to the start of a series, every month I will post a brand round-up of some of my favourite beauty brands. This will then be followed up with my Top 5 from that brand and then the day after a brand challenge where I will create a makeup look using only that brands products.

The first brand that I am starting with is Bourjois, this brand came to life in 1863 Paris in the theatre district. The brand's first creator is actor Joseph-Albert Ponsin who created perfumes for the actors and actress of the theatre district of Paris. Ponsin entrusted the company to Alexandre-Napoleon Bourjois in 1868 who turned the brand into what we know today (Brand history from Bourjois)


As you can see my Bourjois collection has grown, this is because it is such a good brand that pushes boundaries when it comes to cosmetics, and they bring out some great products.

Face



I love a good base and Bourjois bring them in spades whether it is as a foundation or as their most recent release their 123 Perfect CC Cream.

I love the Healthy Mix foundation it applies so well and because it is a full coverage foundation you only need a tiny amount.

I have an oily face so I need a setting powder, the one I had been coveting for the longest time was the Java Rice Powder that was released to coincide with Bourjois's 150th anniversary in the same packaging that it was first released in. I will admit I'm not a fan of loose powder and this was a fickle purchase based on packaging but you have to give it to Bourjois they know how to make their packaging appealing.

I've only just recently discovered the benefits of bronzer (I hear the gasp), and the Delice De Poudre was one every youtuber and beauty blogger has been raving about, and it looks like a chocolate bar so I thought I had to try it. It is such a lovely colour and it smells amazing (you will see this in action in my brand challenge post)

Eyes


When it comes to Bourjois and eyes I always think of their Little Round Eyeshadow Pots, these I do love. They also have an intense range that are highly pigmented and give a stronger colour on the lids.
The original eyeshadow pots come with a mirror in the lid

Bourjois when it comes to mascara love to think about volume, and getting it quick, and with their most recent release of the 1 Seconde Volume mascara (I have the waterproof version) they are really upping their game.

Eyeliner is always a trial for me as I don't apply it to my top lids as it all goes a bit Pete Tong (wrong), so I mainly apply to the waterline and around the lower lash line. Bourjois's Queen Attitude Kohl Kajal with it's conical shape applies a really dark line, it would also be good for the upper lash line as it would allow for you to reach the inner corner a lot easier.

Lips


Bourjois's most recent release was the Rouge Edition Velvets, and my god are they good, they apply to the lips like a dream and turn matte and they stay on the lips for ages (it almost seems that you need an industrial strength makeup remover to get it off).

They also have their 3D effet lip gloss, which apply onto the lips really well, these are good if you just want a sheer gloss on the lips with a hint of colour, or even applied over a lipstick.

Before we had the Rouge Edition Velvets, their was the Rouge Edition lipstick, this is in Rose Tweed and is such a lovely nude-rose colour, these just apply so well onto the lips that you only need just one swipe over the lips.

Nails


Following on from the 1 Seconde range is the original product to the range, their 1 Seconde nail polish, which boasts one application only and dries in 60 seconds, these are some of my favourite nail polishes from the range, and I love In the Navy (keep an eye out for my top 5 Bourjois).

The polishes are so pigmented whether they are from the 1 Seconde range or the So Laque they apply to the nails so well and stay on for a while as well.

I hope you like this little series that I plan on doing monthly, what are you favourite products from Bourjois?. Keep an eye out for my top five coming soon.

Thanks for tuning in

Gemma
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment