Monday 30 June 2014

Brand Challenge: Bourjois


Welcome to my Brand Challenge, here I am going to create a look featuring just Bourjois products. I decided to create a natural daytime look with the products at hand. This post coincides with the J'Adore and Top 5 post regarding Bourjois.

To start of I used the Bourjois Happy Light Matte Primer, this came out of the bottle in a pink shade but applied to the skin it turned translucent. This primer didn't make my face feel too greasy and massaged into the skin very easily.

The next step was my base and due to the warm weather we have been having lately I decided to go with a light base and use the Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream, this contains an SPF15 which is great for adding some protection to your face. The CC cream applied well to the skin and while it did cover it was only a light coverage.

For concealer I used the Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Eye cream. this applies to the under eye very well (i apply using the applicator but then blend using my fingers), I really like this concealer as it does lighten up my under eye area.

Onto the powder, and I have to admit this was mainly bought for the packaging, it is the Bourjois Java Rice Powder. even though it is a loose powder the product contains a locking system as added protection from the powder going everywhere. This applies to the face really well and sets the makeup, it also adds a subtle sparkle to the skin (not like a disco ball before you start to worry)

Once powder had been applied I then applied some bronzer onto the cheeks, forehead and nose (just to give a bit of colour to the face), for this I added the Bourjois Delice Du Poudre in Medium. This applied well (I like to use a blusher brush as it seems to allow for more definition), and blended out very easily to create some colour on the face.



With the eyes I used Bourjois Little Round Eyeshadow pot in #10 glitter (this is a cream colour with glitter running through it) for the base and then applied #54 essential (a light chocolate brown colour) in the crease and on the outer corners of the eye.

For mascara I used Bourjois 1 Seconde Volume Mascara (waterproof) in black, this is one of the most recent launches from Bourjois and applied well the the lashes.

For the eyeliner I used a light application of Bourjois Queen Attitude Kohl Kajal just on the waterline to define the eyes but only lightly.


On the lips I applied Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick in Rose Tweed, this was a nude pink colour that applied well and gave of a satin effect to the lips.



Here is the finished article, not too bad if I say so myself, I think I will have to do this look more often especially during the week.

I hope you liked the brand challenge as well as the previous 2 post regarding Bourjois.

Thanks for tuning in

Gemma
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment