Friday 13 December 2013

BLOGMAS 13: Brush Cleaning




I will admit in the past I have been bad about cleaning my brushes, and I am honestly surprised I didn't catch anything. Now that my interest is back in my make up I have started to take proper care of my brushes.

I use the Strictly Professional Make Up Brush Cleaner, and some Johnsons Baby Shampoo. If I am doing a spot clean on my brushes I will use No7's Make Up Brush Cleanser.

To use this cleaner I placed a small amount in a plastic throwaway cup (1) and placed the brushes in the solution for 15mins to let the solution soak into the bristles (2 + 3).

Once the 15mins were up I then ran the brushes under the tap to rinse of the cleaner, I then filled another plastic cup with Johnsons baby shampoo and swilled the brushes round just to fully get rid of the solution off of the brushes. I then just rinse them to make sure all the shampoo is out of them (4).

Using the cleaner just gets rid of everything, while the baby shampoo makes sure I have got the cleaner out of the brushes and adds a bit of fluffiness back to them.

What do you use to clean your brushes??

Thanks for tuning in

Gemma
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment