Sunday 12 July 2015

Sleek Vintage Romance Eyeshadow Palette

As you already know I love Sleek eyeshadow palettes, so while looking at the Sleek stand I picked up their Vintage Romance palette.



I find that the eyeshadows within the palettes just feel so buttery on the fingers, and apply well to the lids.

The palette contains 12 shadows overall, consisting of 8 metallics, 3 shimmers and 1 matte shade). I love the names of the shades, they really relate well to the palette, but there is (in my opinion) a bit of a hodge podge of colours that don't match well against each other.

The top row consists of five metallic shimmer shades and one matte shade. 

As you can see I have mostly been sticking to the neutral shades (I've not found a time and place to crack out Romance in Rome). These are lovely shades, but I have found that the lighter shades aren't as pigmented as the rest in the palette (Propose in Prague I am looking at you mister!). The shades are lovely and my favourite has to be Court in Cannes (It must be it has the bigger dent then the rest of them).

The bottom row consists of 3 metallic shades, and the 3 shimmer shades.

This I can admit is my least used row, the shades can be quite difficult to match up, even though I have used Marry in  Monte Carlo, and toned it down with Pretty in Paris, that seemed to work well for a daytime look (I hear berry tones are in?).

Out of the shades I find the shimmer shades to be a bit full on in the palette (more glitter then colour it seems). I will admit I do like Marry in Monte Carlo as it is a light shade and not too dark so it is an easy colour to work with.

Overall this is a really nice palette, but I think this is one for the more adventurous of makeup users. I will admit I would repurchase this if something did happen to it (mainly as it is part of my palette collection more then anything), but if it was because of the shades I think I would stay clear.

The palette retails for £7.99 and can be found in most Superdrug and Boots stores (Click on each one to be taken to the page)

Thanks for tuning in

Gemma
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment