Thursday 17 July 2014

Travel Makeup Bag - London Edition

As you know if you follow me on Instagram I went to London on Tuesday and just came back yesterday (that's why the blog was a bit quiet, if you were wondering). Being the beauty blogger that I am (it still feels weird calling myself a beauty blogger), I took some makeup.

On with the makeup bag, the theme for this bag is minimal (this is a dirty word in my vocab when packing), as we are only taking 2 small suitcases (1 for clothes and the other for shopping).

The makeup bag I am using is from Primark, I think it was either £1.50 or £2.00, it's quite spacious, you can fit quite a bit in there.


I do love how roomy the bag is so if you were going away for longer you could really fit a lot in before it starts to pull at the stitching.


As you can see I did fit a lot into the bag, I mostly chose things that were waterproof (due to the hot weather, it hit 27 degrees yesterday) and that were quick to apply.



I chose to use MUA Matte Perfect primer to prime my face ready for my base, I've been playing around with this and it seems pretty good, and doesn't feel to slick on the skin. For my base I chose the Avon Ideal Flawless CC Cream with an SPF of 50 as it was hot down there and I wanted something light on the skin so it wouldn't be too cakey on the skin. Concealer was easy I had Soap & Glory's Kick Ass Concealer, the main reason as it covers both under eye and any blemishes on the face.
To set my makeup I packed the Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder in Vanilla, the powder smells really fruity (this is because it has fruit therapy in the product), it applies really well onto the face.
I also took some bronzer and I also grabbed another Bourjois product which was their Chocolate Bronzer in Medium, this was quite pigmented and you only need a small amount of this. I also took a blisher in the shape of Natural Collection Blusher in Pink Cloud.



For the eyes I packed the sample of Urban Decay Anti-Ageing Primer Potion that I received with my Naked palettes (I received 3, 1 with each palette so I put it all into one small pot). I am loving this primer, and I wanted to buy it while I was in Selfridges but couldn't see an Urban Decay counter.
I also packed 2 Rimmel ScandalEyes Shadow Sticks in Trespassing Taupe and Bluffing , there was also the Avon ColorTrend Colour Elements Eye Duo Stick in Fire. These were packed as they were quick to apply and they were light (didn't want dark colours as it is Summer, let's get some brighter colours in there). I also packed Rimmel ScandalEyes Kohl Eyeliner in Nude, we were walking so much this was good just to take some redness out my eyes so I still looked bright and bushy tailed.
As the weather was roasting I thought it best to take a waterproof mascara so I chose the Bourjois 1 Seconde Volume Waterproof Mascara in Black. This is a lovely mascara that applies well and stayed on all day, really impressed with this.



For lips I packed the Hawaiian Tropic Lipgloss in Island Berry, this has an SPPF of 25 so was protecting my lips from the sun while also adding a wash of colour as well. I also packed 2 lipsticks, Soap & Glory's Super Color Fabu-Lipstick in The Missing Pink, which is one of my all time favourite nude pinks, and Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick in Rose Tweed, which is another nude pink but a tiny bit brighter.


 I took some retractable brushes with me as well so I could apply the powders as well as the CC Cream (a full summary of these brushes can be found here).



Thanks for tuning in

Gemma
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment