Sunday 6 April 2014

Banana Split - Models Own




As it is officially the start of spring I decided to paint my nails accordingly and chose a pastel yellow.

My polish of choice was Models Own in Banana Split from their fruit pastels range.

It is also a scented nail polish, so while I was painting my nails I did get the scent of banana's. If you want the scent to last once you have painted your nails you won't want to put a top coat over the polish as it cancels the smell out.

I love the colour it's a really bright pastel yellow, but the formula was a pain in the b-hind, when I put the polish onto my nails it was just so thick it kept making my nails look bumpy.

The 1st coat was quite streaky, and the same when adding a second coat, the 3rd coat brought opacity but by then it had become quite thick on the nails so drying time just took so long. I sprayed my nails with the Elegant Touch Rapid Dry spray but it still took a while because the polish was on quite thick.

Don't get me wrong, I love the colour, but just not the formulation of the polish, I don't know if it's anything to do with it being a scented polish but it was not good.

Thanks for tuning in

Gemma
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment